Saturday 27th August 2016. "Always the 4th Saturday in August". The Lonach Highland and Friendly Society was founded in 1823 by Sir Charles Forbes, 1st Baronet of Newe and Edinglassie (1773-1849). Membership is drawn from the inhabitants of Strathdon, who continue to fulfil the society’s original mission of preserving Highland dress and “supporting loyal, peaceful, and manly conduct; and the promotion of social and benevolent feelings among the inhabitants of the district.”
Lonach Ball 2016
Lonach Family Ceilidh 2016
05.08.16 - Strathdon School P7 pupil, Alanah Gordon's winning poem from the recent Strathdon School and Lonach Society Poetry Competition. Click here
05.08.16 - All the latest information for Highland Dancers.
Event information, prize money and order of dances - click here
Saturday 27th August 2016 will be the 175th Lonach Highland Gathering and Games and we are delighted to announce that the Atholl Highlanders and their pipe band will be joining the Lonach Highlanders on their march. There will be a ceilidh in the Lonach Hall on the night of Lonach, dancing to Clachan Yell.
- General entry Adults - £8
- General entry Children (5 - 15) - £4
- Children (Under 4) - Free
- Adult Ringside Seats - £11
- All children Ringside Seats - £7
- Covered Stand Seating £19 adults and £15 children SOLD OUT
- Uncovered stand seating £14 adults and £10 children
- For all options click below!