Saturday 26th August 2017. "Always the 4th Saturday in August". The Lonach Highland and Friendly Society was founded in 1823 by Sir Charles Forbes, 1st Baronet of Newe and Edinglassie (1773-1849). Membership is drawn from the inhabitants of Strathdon, who continue to fulfil the society’s original mission of preserving Highland dress and “supporting loyal, peaceful, and manly conduct; and the promotion of social and benevolent feelings among the inhabitants of the district.”
Lonach Ball 2016
Lonach Family Ceilidh 2016
HIGHLAND DANCING INFORMATION
Event information, prize money and order of dances - click here
Saturday 26th August 2017 will be the 176th Lonach Highland Gathering and Games. Join us from 8am to watch the March of the Lonach Highlanders leave Bellabeg. Pipebands, heavy and light events start at 11am. There will also be a Family Ceilidh in the Lonach Hall on the night of Lonach, dancing to Clachan Yell.
- General entry Adults - £10
- General entry Children (5 - 15) - £4
- Children (Under 4) - Free
- Adult Ringside Seats - £12
- All children Ringside Seats - £7
- Covered Stand Seating £20 (same price adults and children)
- Uncovered stand seating £15 adults and £10 children
- For all options click below!